How to: Wash Makeup Brushes

Heyy guys

It's been quite some time since I last posted a blog post and I apologise for that. These last few weeks I have been brainstorming and coming up with different ideas and materials for me to write about. Whilst noting down the ideas I though it would be great to run through how to properly give your makeup brushes a good wash. 
It is vital to wash makeup brushes at least once every few weeks depending on how often you use them. It helps get rid of bacteria and prevents your face from constantly breaking out. I wold also like to remind everyone that sharing makeup products and brushes should not be done, to avoid transferring bacteria and infection. 

 Obviously pick a day where you don't necessarily need to wear makeup, or else you will have wet brushes since they take a while to completely dry off depending on the weather.  Hence, I though it would be a good idea to show you the process on how I wash my brushes as thoroughly as possible.

Step 1: Wet a makeup brush under warm running water but avoid getting the metal part above the brush wet. This will help the glue holding the bristles together to last longer. 


Step 2: Place a small amount of 'Dettol' soap in your palm to use to wash the brush with. I usually just swirl it on my fingers and this definitely helps cleanse the brush. It certainly does help get rid of the excess product that has been building up every time you use your brush, as you can see in the photo below *ew* haha.


Step 3: Once you have swirled the brush on your fingers and gotten rid of majority of the product, wash the brush once again and carefully squeeze the excess water.


Step 4: Finally, when you are happy with the cleanliness of your brush, place the brush leaning on a wall on the bristle end on a tissue. This will help drain any water still on the brush and it also helps the glue say intact and not travel up the brush since its facing downwards.  


Step 5: Repeat the process on each brush you want to wash and place them as shown in the photo below as it dries quite well in my opinion.      


I hope this post was helpful in showing you how to wash your makeup brushes because it is quite important to clean them even though at times it feels like a chore.

 Thanks for stopping by :)
Nrutya xx   

Comments

Popular Posts